How to Clean Mongolian Lamb Fur Coat
It can be a delicate and challenging process to clean a Mongolian lamb fur coat well, as the fur is quite long fluffy and can be easily damaged if not handled properly. Here are some general instruction steps you may follow to clean your Mongolian lamb fur coat:
1. Shake the coat outside to remove any loose hairs, dirt and dust.
2. Use a soft-bristled brush to gently brush the fur, in the direction of the hair growth. This will help to remove any remaining dirt or debris.
3. Fill a sink or bathtub with cool water and add a small amount of mild detergent or baby shampoo. Make sure the detergent is gentle and does not contain any harsh chemicals.
4. Gently immerse the coat into the water, being careful not to rub or scrub the fur. Let it soak for a few minutes.
5. Drain the soapy water and refill the sink or bathtub with clean water. Rinse the coat thoroughly, making sure to remove all the soap.
6. Gently squeeze the excess water out of the coat, being careful not to wring or twist it.
7. Lay the coat flat on a clean towel and reshape it as necessary. Allow it to air dry, away from direct heat or sunlight.
8. Once the coat is dry, use a soft-bristled brush to fluff up the fur and restore its natural texture.
It’s important to note that if your Mongolian lamb fur coat is heavily soiled or stained, it’s best to take it to a professional fur cleaner. They will have the expertise and equipment to clean your coat safely and effectively without damaging the fur.